Unless you’ve been under a rock, I’m sure you’ve noticed the ever growing trend of the Flower Crown, on both girls and women everywhere. Not just for outdoor festivals, this trend originated in the times of Ancient Greece, and we recently saw this boho chic accessory on the spring 2014 runways of designers like Dolce & Gabbana. Want to be on top of the trend? Grab some flowers — whether fabric, artificial or real — and get to work! Oh, and to check out my floral crown feature on MarthaStewart.com, click here.
SUPPLIES: scissors, elastic, needle and thread, artificial flowers.
1. With scissors or wire cutters, carefully remove the flower bulbs from their stems.
2. Measure the length of elastic you’ll need by wrapping it around your head — make it about 1.5 inches smaller than needed for a snugger fit.
3. Once you’re cut your elastic to your desired length, hand stitch it closed.
4. Next, prepare the needle and thread to begin stitching on the flowers.
5. Now for the creative part — stitch each flower onto the elastic band.