Posted on 08 February 2012 by frugal-nomics
Well as you may or may not be aware, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. No matter what you decide to do, I think it’s a day best utilized spending TIME with the ones you love — nothing can replace that. So here are 4 affordable things you can do to make the day extra special:
1. Cater to their sweet tooth – I personally LOVE making cupcakes…you can make a couple different flavors and even get creative with the frosting. But you can also do tarts, mini cheescakes, or anything bite sized will do….the possibilities are only limited to your imagination.
2. Make that special dinner – It doesn’t have to be filet mignon and a baked potato….the fact that you broke out the “good” dishes and slaved over a hot stove to make their favorite meal, will go a long way. I even like to go the extra step and dress up. True enough…you’re not going very far…but your favorite little dress and a red lip will make it all complete.
3. Fondue it up – Chocolate dipped anything can be fun for 2 or a party of 20. Visit a fruit market for great deals on pineapples, bananas, and strawberries. Try out a fun fondue recipe …even if you’ve never done it before, you can always eat your mistakes.
4. Spend time doing something together - You can try a free day at the museum, a play, or an affordable concert you’ve been meaning to attend. Or you can break out the candles, a blanket, and make a few snacks to create the perfect Netflix night.
You don’t have to spend a fortune to show the ones you love a little love….just put some thought into it and do the thing you’d love to be done for you…and you’ll be just fine.
Posted on 25 September 2011 by frugal-nomics
Whether your resume needs sprucing up, having trouble making a tough decision, want to learn the basics of song writing, or you could use a HOT background for your Twitter Page….you can get all that done and MORE for ONLY $5 on the little gem of a website I love to tout about, Fiverr.com!!!
Now…I think this site’s a pretty amazing idea! It’s a great way to make money online AND/OR get random things done you may need….but you may have thought up until now were a little pricey. You should definitely check out Fiverr.com and see all the varying, random, and the oftentimes much-needed things done — for a pretty unbelievable price.
Here are a couple of things I’ve learned while using site that may make your experience even better:
1. Read through the site, and shop around (Yes, you’re only spending $5 bucks, but you don’t have to go with the first Seller you see doing what you are looking for).
2. Lean towards Sellers who have been favorably rated by other Buyers (That way you know you can gauge what kind of work they may produce).
3. You want to aim for using Sellers who have a history using the site (That way it’s more probable you’ll get your project–newbies are welcome, but use at your own risk).
Posted on 03 August 2011 by frugal-nomics
To be honest…I thought it was a little too good to be true when I got the email to see the Broadway Show “That Championship Season” for FREE from a company I only vaguely remember signing up for — StudentRush.org. We’re talking….Keiffer Sutherland and Chris Noth (some of you may know him as Mr. Big) on Broadway. BUT….I paid the $5 registration fee, saved EVERY email they sent me (and even printed them out in case I had to prove my case the day of), and went on the appointed day. And boy have I been singing their praises ever since!!!! I got a pair of $100 orchestra seats (I am talking about 9 rows back from stage on the main floor) for $5 BUCKS! Who can beat that?! So….you definitely owe it to yourself to check it out. Why not make a little time to stop….and enjoy the culture.
Hosted & Produced: Brandhyze Stanley
Edited: Brandhyze Stanley
Videographer: Kemuel Charles
Music: Free Play Music: “Feeling Free Underscore” Steve Glotzer, BMI