DIY: Jeweled Shoulder Cardigan
So I was recently poking around the trim section at Mood Fabrics — so much to choose from — and I absolutely fell in love with this jeweled trim. Not sure of what I was going to create, but assured I had to have it….I immediately snatched up the last 2 yards and headed home. A clutch? Bling up a pair of shoes — there were so many options. But after pulling out this thrifted J. Crew cashmere cardigan, I knew it was a colorful match made in heaven.
Supplies: Cardigan, Heavy Duty Thread, Needle, Trim, Tape Measure, Glue, Straight Pins, Sharp Nosed Scissors
1. Cut jewels from trim.
2. Section off the area you want to jewel with straight pins.
3. I recommend playing around with the layout of the jewels so as not to have adjacent colors.
4. Dab a little fabric glue on the back of each jewel and adhere it to the sweater.
5. Stitch the jewels onto the sweater for added security.
6. Using the first side as your guide, measure out the placement on the remaining side.
:: Outfit ::
Cardigan :: J. Crew (Thrifted)
Tank :: Club Monaco (Thrifted)
Skirt :: My Own Creation (See here)
Tights :: Target
Shoes :: Levity