What to Buy in June
Best known for Father’s Day, Wedding, Graduation, and even Hurricane Season in the Caribbean….June is a spectacular month to celebrate and save. Here are 10 things you’ll want to look out for this month to get the biggest bang for your buck:
WHAT TO BUY IN JUNE:
1. Lingerie: It’s usually around now (second week of June –and again in January) when Victoria’s Secret unveils its Semi-Annual Sale. In previous years prices were as low as $3 for underwear and $12 for bras.
2. Clothing Clearance: Retailers are preparing to move their Spring and Summer merchandise now in anticipation for the back-to-school sales that start almost as soon as summer vacation. Be on the look out for children’s clothes and shoes as well.
3. Gym Memberships: A lot of people get gym memberships towards the start of a new year, but as the weather warms up and more people take it to the streets, you can see discounts to join your local gym.
4. Tools: If you just gotta get Dad that tool set for Father’s Day, you MAY be able to find discounts up to 25%….but there are even better deals if you can hold off til July, or even November and December to buy tools.
5. Dish/Cookware: Looking for the perfect gift for the new couple or grads moving out on their own? May & June you can still benefit from discounts on dishware up to sometimes 30-50% off.
6. Champagne: New Years Eve and in preparation for Wedding Season, champagne starts flying off shelves…now’s a good time to make the purchase for the pop-a-cork kinda moments while Champagne suppliers are in competition with each other to get you the best deal.
7. Grilling Foods: Now’s the time to fire up the grill…..keep an eye out for grocery store sales on items such as hot dogs, grilling meats, buns, and condiments.
8. Cruises: Perhaps you booked back in January in anticipation for the June hurricane season in the Caribbean. This season usually goes through the month of November….and because of the risk of inclimate weather, prices on cruises and vacations to these regions are considerably less expensive than during other seasons.
9. Suits: Like tools, Menswear and Suits are a great gift for the fathers in your life and ALSO for that grad who is joining the workforce and needs to ditch the sweatpants.
10. Produce: VEGETABLES — Asparagus, artichokes, corn, cucumber, salad leaves, onions, summer squash, tomatoes.
FRUITS — Apricots, blackberries, blueberries, cherries, grapes, honeydews, nectarines, peaches, raspberries, strawberries, watermelons.
With all the reasons to celebrate and celebrate the important people in your life…..June is a month you’ll more than likely have to shell out some dough, but why not be kind to your budget and get the best deals and save?