It’s a little rainy out….but I’m in a good mood. Hanging out in one of my favorite locales to get in a zone — a coffee shop! Now as you all know, I love sharing my latest outfit I snagged for less….with hopes of inspiring you to repurpose your wardrobe. But overall frugal-ness is what we do here! With the month of May comes Memorial Day, but it’s also the time to stock up on some things like party supplies or that new mattress you’ve been needing, and save. Here are 7 items you’ll want to look out for:
WHAT TO BUY IN MAY:
1. Party Supplies – with Memorial Day and graduation season just around the corner, now is a great time to stock up on party supplies. For cups, napkins, cutlery , streamers, gift bags….the dollar store would be a great place to start, AND for those eating utensils if you get a neutral color they can be used later for other events.
2. Sunglasses – we’re all looking forward to a beautiful summer filled with sun and fun….so why not pop that collar now and grab a pair of aviators (don’t forget the UV protection) in preparation!
3. Mattresses – there are sure to be some Memorial day sales on lots of things coming up….so watch out for them. But as new inventory comes in, May is a great month to get that new mattress and boxspring so you can catch up on that much needed rest.
4. Refrigerators – need a mini one for a kid going off to college in the Fall or a deep freezer for storing food through the winter months? Think ahead and save….and energy efficient would be great too!
5. Cleaning supplies – there’s still time to get in some Spring cleaning (I k now….I’ve procrastinated too)….again, get what you can from the dollar store.
6. Vacuums – Again….Spring cleaning and making room for new inventory. Invest in a good one and you won’t need one for years.
7. Summer Wardrobe – be sure to sign up online for your favorite retailer and lots of them send out emails for their summer sales….so keep an eye out (especially places like Gap or Banana Republic)
PRODUCE:apricots, artichokes, aspa ragus, cherries, lettuce, mangoes, okra, pineapples, radishes, rhubarb, springeas, strawberries, swiss chard, zucchini
THINGS FROM PREVIOUS MONTHS STILL GREAT TO BUY:
So….lots of great useful things to save on this month….let me know what you find to save on.