Though infamous for coming in like a lion and going out like a lamb, March in some parts of the country has been pretty mild overall these days. But while the countdown for winter in general has begun in the minds of so many (mine included) there are a few things that you can take advantage of savings and buy this month that will make this time a year a little brighter…
BEST THINGS TO BUY IN MARCH:
1. PERFUME – Since it’s post Christmas and post Valentine’s Day, get your Mother’s Day present early and grab her favorite scent.
2. FROZEN FOOD – March is National Frozen Food Month….look for coupons and special promos to maximize savings on those pizza rolls and veggies.
3. CHINA AND FLATWARE – Between Christmas and Wedding Season, now’s a good time to get a great gift or get that set you’ve been eyeing in preparation for your next gathering.
4. GARDENING SUPPLIES – Before Spring rolls in officially, stock up on those supplies for that green thumb.
5. DESKTOP COMPUTERS – During the beginning of the year time of inventory clearance, you still may be able to eek out the last of the deals for that home computer.
6. AIR CONDITIONERS – December through March is best time of year to make energy efficient purchases like air conditioners and you may still be in time to get a tax credit.
7. SPORTS GEAR – Before the weather officially warms up and the little tykes need sporting equipment, get a leg up and get a deal this month. Look for Hockey, Basketball, Soccer and Football equipment.
PRODUCE: artichokes, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms, parsnips, pineapples, radishes, rutabagas, turnips.
THINGS STILL GOOD TO BUY FROM EARLIER THIS YEAR:
– Video Games
– Patio furniture
– Gas Grill
So whether it’s the frozen foods that make preparing dinner on the fly all the more convenient….or it’s that sports equipment the little one is sure to need in the coming months….don’t do like I USED TO do, plan ahead and get the best savings so you can get the most for your money and make that buck go just a little bit further this month.