Well if you used yesterday’s Super Bowl as an excuse to score a new television (pun intended)….you had the right idea. Because February is an amazing month (especially towards the end of the month) to snag several things ranging from necessities for the season, to just plain ol’ fun. Here are 7 items you’ll want to look out for this month:
1. TELEVISIONS – Christmas isn’t always the best time of year to get a new television afterall. As mentioned, The Big Game happens in February and newer models start hitting stores in March, so February is a great time to score a new TV for the big guy — or gal!
2. CAMERAS & ELECTRONICS – Because the Consumer Electronics Show and Photo Marketing Association convention happens in January & February, retailers need to get rid of old models, so late February is a a perfect time to invest in new electronics like cameras.
3. OUTERWEAR – The winter season is in full affect, so if you’ve been able to get by thus far on last year’s digs, February through June make the most “fashion sense” to get that new coat, boots, and other winter accessories.
4. BICYCLES – While you may not be quite ready to plan your Spring workouts just yet, new bicycle models are rolled out in February and March. So…February is a great month to get the older models at a great price.
5. LUGGAGE – I had to put my old carry-on out to pasture and have been looking to invest in a Tumi piece of luggage. Between last year’s holiday travel and Spring Break…February & March are great months to get luggage for your upcoming travels at a fraction of the price.
6. GAS GRILLS – Whose thinking of having a cookout in February anyway? Not alot of people….and that is why now is a good time to get a good deal on a gas grill for those summer days.
7. BOAT & MOTORCYCLES – Going out on the water in February….enough said.
Again, so the key here to saving, is to invest in certain items when demand is low. So, if that means making an out of season purchase and storing it away for a few months, the early investment will insure you get the best deal and will make you a hit on the block for things like the first BBQ of the season!