Alot of people can’t get into the Wedge Boot trend. For some it’s because of the lack of clear heel distinction? For other’s they just don’t know how to style them. I was inspired to write this post when a girl passed me the other day in a pair of gray fold down lace up suede wedge boots…because she and I share the same sentiment….the wearing possibilities for wedge boots are endless! I just recently knabbed the little brown suede Fergalicious beauties you see here to the right myself, and I’ve gotten sooooo many compliments on them this past week. But in case you need convincing like I once did (I’ll admit it :)….here are some celebrity looks and tips on how to wear Wedge Boots to help you get with the trend.
Rihanna, Beyonce…Kelly….these three ladies all opted for completely different looks with their wedge boot and they all look great. Whether it’s with a pop of color, a unique shape, or an animal print; one must always remember proportion when wearing wedges.
- My favorite way to rock them…Beyonce opted for the classic look of the form fitted skinny jean with her wedge. Her bold jacket and leopard scarf gives her volume up top that balances out the lace-up wedge.
- Rihanna went with a more monochromatic look against the denim short. Her oversized sweater works proportionately for the her the way Beyonce’s look did….and you can even add a leather jacket underneath the sweater and a colorful pair tights for that extra layer of warmth we need during the winter.
- Kelly’s wedges stand out amongst them all. Her subdued lace dress and belt-accentuated waist add a touch of feminity….and really make the boots pop. The dress’ length is perfect…too long a skirt and its added bulk conflicts with the boots.
Good for Summer, Winter, Spring or Fall, wedge boots give you a twist on the average ankle boot.
- Cassie opted for a little black dress, knee boots, and fringe for a touch of rock and roll.
- Pippa dressed her wedged-look up a bit with a tailored jacket, surely befitting for the office.
- And for her Spring look Ashley stayed true to the rule and went for a shorter skirt to really show off those legs, and showcase those bright and funky wedge boots. Add a pair of tights on a chilly day…and voila, an instant transition.