With the holidays now behind us and the only memory of them for some being the new line items on our January bills…..most don’t even want to hear the word “shopping,” let alone DO any. But, what you may not realize is that there is a great time of year to buy just about anything and take advantage of some savings. So, if you were able to resist the holiday hoopla, here are some items that are great to purchase in within the month of January:
1. Of course, any holiday paraphenalia – now’s a good time to snag a great deal and jump on things like decorations, wrapping paper, holiday themed plates and flatware for next year’s shin dig (or you can always use stuff now like paper towels if you don’t mind that Rudolph’s printed all over them).
2. Cruises/Vacations – to beat those Winter Blues, take advantage of vacations and summer cruises while most may not be willing to travel because they’ve done it for the holidays.
3. Linen – white sales in January are a good time to stock up on towels, sheets, and blankets to last you throughout the year.
4. Furniture – in anticipation of a February roll out of new merchandise, start looking for furniture deals this month.
5. Jewelry– looking for a bauble for that special someone in your life….snag jewelry for them post holiday and before Valentines Day for a good sale.
6. Video Games– gaming companies release new games in Nov & Dec in time for holidays, so Jan & Feb are the best time to catch video game deals (if the kiddies can wait).
7. Home – let’s just face it….fewer people want to go house hunting when there is inclimate weather out.
8. Home Repairs – because most people got their home repairs done in time for holidays….you might find the local handyman has more room in his schedule and is looking for work.
9. Patio Furniture– if you have a place to store it, buy things like patio furniture from January – May when they are out of season and they tend to be a better deal.
10. Apple – It’s highly rumored that the iPad 3 is due out in February…..so I’m sure you’ll be seeing some great deals on iPad 2 (It’s my fave device)
So, if you plan ahead there are some great buys out there that can be yours for the taking. I’m curious to know….what are some things you would like to know when is the best time of year to buy?