While my birthday may be later this month, I have honestly been more looking forward to (and telling more people about) the Housing Works BUY THE BAG Sale ever since I learned about it last month. $25 for all the clothes, shoes, and accessories I can stuff into one bag? Where are the space saver bags and vacuum when you need them? (LOL)
The Housing Works warehouse in Long Island City has added 2 more days to the line up before year end: Saturday, November 19th and 26th.
Clothing items range from the may-need-a-little-laundering/mending, to fabulous designer brands that just need a little TLC. So, if you’ve been dying to try a new style, cut, or color of something…now’s your chance to try something new without the commitment of a high price tag. I’m pretty sure the 75 Power Hour tickets are already sold out for the additional $5 (this affords you an opportunity from 10a-11a, to get a head start), but that still leaves plenty of time for their normal hours: 11am-2pm.
This isn’t your everyday shopping experience, so here are a few things to remember:
- You may line up as early as 9am
- No individual sales (buy the bag only)
- No public restrooms are available
- Guys and gals are welcome
- No strollers allowed, so you may want to leave the kiddies at home
- Wear comfortable shoes
- May want to bring a pair of gloves
- Bring an empty bag w/ a shoulder strap so you can shop with ease. But you will have to use their bag to check out.
4849 35th St.
Long Island City, NY 11101