- Here are 10 Tips to help you save on one of the biggest shopping days of the year:1. Do your homework – Research…knowing the best brand for the best price when you see it is key. I once saved about $100 on a pair of boots by doing this.
2. Shop early – with Black Friday being less than 3 weeks away, retailers are slowly leaking their ads early, so get started now! Some websites that make finding the deals a little easier are: BFAds.net, BlackFridayAds.com, and BlackFriday.info.
3. Map out a plan – retailers such as Best Buy, Kohl’s, Target, and Macy’s are all opening their doors at Midnight! So, arrange stores on your list according to their opening times, from earliest to latest so you’ll know who to hit first.
4. Visualize – before the big day on your next visit to your favorite store, figure out where the items on your list are and the best way to get to them, because on the Black Friday the crowds will be overwhelming and things will go pretty quickly.
5. Bring a friend – it’s always a good idea to bring someone along with you for the shopping “moral support,” and you all can devise a plan to split up and get the items on your list to make the best use of time.
6. Take advantage of layaway – stores like Best Buy, Kmart, Toys R Us, WalMart, Sears all have Layaway Policies. This allows you to place the item on hold at the Black Friday sale price, and pay it off in the days leading up to Christmas without accruing credit card interest.
7. Use store credit card for discount, but pay off immediately – some stores like Target have never offered a Layaway Program; however, they do offer a credit card that allows you to take 5% off your purchases. What I often do is, I make a purchase with my credit card, and pay it off before I leave the store.
8. Price Match – Best Buy, WalMart, and Target are all promising to price match. Remember to bring the ad with you from major retailer that clearly indicates price, make, and exact model of item.
9. Follow Them – a great deal of stores reward customer loyalty by giving exclusive/early discounts to those who have followed them on Facebook or opted in to receive their emails.
10. Have fun and be safe – at the end of the day, Black Friday can get a little hectic, so be safe and Happy Shopping!