Never know what to do on the weekend that won’t break the bank? Whether alone or spending some quality time with the ones you love, here are 10 suggestions that will help you have an amazing and FREE weekend.
1. Give a room a new look – Take a page out of the playbook from the folks on HGTV. Rearrange the furniture. Have some paint laying around? Anyway you slice it, this will give that room a makeover and give you a new outlook on things.
2. Network – take those stacks of business cards that have been lying around (assuming your remember where you met everyone) and send a quick email to reacquaint yourself with these contacts before filing them away for future use. A great percentage of opportunities we get come from people we already know.
3. Give yourself a mani-pedi – we watch the folks at the spa do it all the time, why not save the $25 and pamper yourself by taking the time to do your own mani-pedi….your tired feet will thank you.
4. Try a new recipe – do you have some veggies in the fridge, cans of soup or some fruit? Google the ingredients you do have and you just may be able to come up with a recipe of something you’ve never thought to make.
5. Museum or zoo – so many museums and zoos have free hours or even days, take a few hours to enjoy your surroundings…you might even learn something.
6. Netflix – you pay for the subscription, why not use it? Whether it’s ‘Watching Instantly’ or actually opening up that red envelope that’s been sitting by the tv for weeks….take the time to watch something you haven’t seen before.
7. Volunteer at a Soup Kitchen – in these tough economic times, the rate of homelessness and unemployment is growing and soup kitchens need your help. Donate a couple hours of your time to someone less fortunate….it is a reward in and of itself.
8. Board Games – my favorite game is Taboo, but any time spent with loved ones is great. So grab the kids, or a mate, and a deck of cards and you’ve got hours of free fun.
9. Meet Your Neighbors – I’m not saying go in for lunch, but take the time to introduce yourself to your neighbors, you not only will have a new friend, but someone who will look out for you most likely in the future.
10. Get Organized – streamline your life. Whether it’s the forgotten closet or stacks of accumulated paperwork….take the time to get organized, to save yourself from the contact hassle of searching for things.